Log in to your account and follow the steps below to make a donation to a charity:
1) Visit our BT MyDonate page: https://mydonate.bt.com/charities/ukimpeterborough.
2) Click ‘Donate now’ in the charity’s box.
3) Click on one of the buttons to specify your donation amount or insert your own amount (minimum donation is £2.00) in the ‘Other’ box.
4) Select the relevant Gift Aid button (if you are a UK tax payer, Gift Aid increases the value of donations to charities by allowing them to reclaim basic rate tax on your donation – this doesn’t cost you anything but it does give the charity an additional 25p for every £1 donated).
5) In the ‘Card owner details’ section enter your email address.
6) If you have registered previously, your email address will be recognised and you will be invited to log in. Logging In will retrieve your details and pre-populate the remaining name / address fields. Alternatively you can continue and manually enter your details.
7) Tick the box if you are happy to be contacted by the charities you donate to.
8) Your donation amount will be displayed at the bottom of the screen.
9) Click on ‘Next step’ and the payment screen will pop up.
10) If you are a registered user – Choose a card (payment card names will be displayed if you already have card details stored in the system and you will only need to enter your 3-digit code found on the back of the card) or click on ‘New card’ and fill in the details if you want to use an alternative card. If you want to save your new card (this will keep you from having to fill in all the details again in the future), just give it a name and when you’re ready, click on ‘Pay now’.
If you haven’t registered yet – select your card type and enter the details and when you’re ready, click on ‘Pay Now’.
If your card uses Verified by Visa or Mastercard Secure Code, you will be asked for the appropriate security information.
12) You will see a screen containing a summary of your donation.
If you are a registered user – you can click on ‘My account’ in the top right of your screen to return to your account homepage or click on ‘Logout’.
If you haven’t registered yet – click on ‘Register Now’ to make it easier to donate next time.
13) This will take you to the ‘Personal Registration Page’ where your name, address and email address will be populated, all you need to do is enter a password – which must be a minimum of eight characters and contain at least one letter and one number. Please keep it safe for future use. Then enter a memorable word containing a minimum of eight letters – this will help us to identify you if we need to speak to you in the future. Please keep your username, password and memorable word in a safe place.
14) You will also receive a confirmation e-mail thanking you for your donation.